
My trip to Minnesota was wonderful. Thanks to a loving brother and sister, we stayed in a very comfortable hotel. Our days were mostly spent with my parents. My sweetest memories were sitting in my parents room talking and helping with Dad. He is such a wonderful example to all of us. My parents have been married for 48 years and my father and mother have taken such great care of one another. I love my father and am grateful for all he has done for us...now it is our turn to help take care of him. With the recent loss of the use of his "good" arm and his legs, he has expressed that he feels like a beached whale. His mind is as quick as ever and I smile as I think of the times I hear him in the background while I'm on the phone with my mother in my daily calls. He helps her to remember things and coaches her on the computer. Yes, we've been giving her email lessons. They have dear friends that they need to keep in touch with. We girls like to shower dad with kisses. BJ does kisses "around the block" which makes dad laugh. We will all treasure whatever time we have with them both.
1 comment:
I'm very excited that you started a blog, Cindy! It it such an easy way to keep in touch with people.
Also, it looks like your trip to Minnesota was great. Another one of the residents here in Vegas is from MN and I always just think about you. I think you are the only other person I know with MN ties.
Post a Comment