
It's true. Those that know me well know that I really, really like the holiday. I often say - what is better than a day that encourages telling people we love them. We should have Valentine's Day more often than once a year!
So, it is probably no surprise when I mention that sending valentines is very important to me and I love to send valentines to the children in my life. I shop early and pick them out very carefully. I really love Mary Englebreit's valentines and always find them at The Quilted Bear store in Provo. I love thinking of how they will be so excited to get their very own MAIL. Okay, so now you know another weird part of me. Just add it to the list of many.
Anyway, this year I went to my mailbox the other day and was so happy to find a brown envelope with heart stickers on it. YES! I'd received some valentines. Of course they are on my fridge. That's where you put homemade valentines from the 'Vegas cousins!
I also was very happy to be invited to be a part of the valentine box exchange with the "Imaging Office" in our division at work. I love those college kids in that office. I loved writing their names on the Disney Cars Valentines and attaching them to a rice krispie treat. But even more so I loved opening each little valentine from them. So for just a moment the 50+ woman in me reverted to a little girl and I enjoyed every second!
So whether giving or getting Valentines - I love Valentine's Day and all the great people in my life that are my "valentines".
So, it is probably no surprise when I mention that sending valentines is very important to me and I love to send valentines to the children in my life. I shop early and pick them out very carefully. I really love Mary Englebreit's valentines and always find them at The Quilted Bear store in Provo. I love thinking of how they will be so excited to get their very own MAIL. Okay, so now you know another weird part of me. Just add it to the list of many.
Anyway, this year I went to my mailbox the other day and was so happy to find a brown envelope with heart stickers on it. YES! I'd received some valentines. Of course they are on my fridge. That's where you put homemade valentines from the 'Vegas cousins!
I also was very happy to be invited to be a part of the valentine box exchange with the "Imaging Office" in our division at work. I love those college kids in that office. I loved writing their names on the Disney Cars Valentines and attaching them to a rice krispie treat. But even more so I loved opening each little valentine from them. So for just a moment the 50+ woman in me reverted to a little girl and I enjoyed every second!
So whether giving or getting Valentines - I love Valentine's Day and all the great people in my life that are my "valentines".
1 comment:
Those Valentines are adorable! I hope you have a very happy Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment