Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tricks from the "other" side...

So, I climb into bed last night and look up at my fan light. It has three light bulbs; one of which has been burnt out since before Christmas. When I say burnt out I mean it was even brown and looking dead. I sighed to myself and thought – I’ve got to remember to change that light bulb this Saturday. When I see it at night I’m too tired to even think about changing it. You can see how well that line of thinking has been working for me. So, then my mind raced to some show I watched where they were talking about how those that have crossed over to the other side can make lights flicker. I kind of laughed to myself and then said outloud, “Okay, Daddy, can you make the lights flicker?”

That light bulb that had been dead since before Christmas, turned on. I just burst out laughing. I figured –yeah, Daddy was always one for a good trick or joke. I just layed there for a while – I didn’t want to turn the light OFF. So, this morning I awoke and shook my head a bit…did that really happen last night? Or did I dream it all. I turned the light on – yup all three lights came on.

I shared the story with my mother this morning and she told me that they had a discussion after watching some TV show called CROSSING OVER and Daddy told her if it was possible after he passed on that he would play tricks on us. I think he is….

2 comments:

Brecken said...

that is the dearest story. Thanks for sharing it. Hope you're doing great. Hey, Julie called me and her message got erased along with her number. would you mind sending it to me so I can call her back?

rantipoler said...

Vanessa told me this story earlier, and I loved it. Then I told her that I hoped her grandpa was working on my grandpa, because he needs some serious help. She laughed and said she was sure that her grandpa could share the gospel with mine, and I agreed. :)