Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Minding my own business and the law...I thought.

So, I took a few days off work - just to chill, relax do whatever. One of the things I had decided was to attend the Family History Conference at BYU. So I'm headed over to Provo taking the back way because I hate the freeway these days. Pretty soon I see a highway patrol car behind me. No worries, I'm going the speed limit. As I turn on to the frontage road his lights go on. I pull over, while I grab my license, car registration etc. So, he's asking me these weird questions, where am I headed, where do I work, do I always take the back roads rather than the freeway? Finally, the reason I'm pulled over---did I know I had a brake light out? He takes my license and goes back to his car. I'm sitting there and happen to glance into my review mirror. Another highway patrol has pulled up. So I've got two cars with their lights going while they are sitting in the car talking and laughing. I'm thinking it's a bit much. So lessoned learned - when you see a car pulled over with a bunch of highway patrol cars lined up. It isn't a drug bust or something. It could be a little middle-aged lady with a burned out brake light just trying to get to the family history conference. So much for a "restful" drive to work early on a Tuesday morning. PS The bulb has probably just come loose from all the "bumps" due to road construction. I hate road construction. And brake lights.

2 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

Uh, why was he asking those questions? Especially since they have nothing to do with his purview.

rantipoler said...

Yeesh. If it makes you feel any better JC and I once got pulled over and asked if we had any drugs or weapons in the car. The girl in the lane next to us was going faster, but apparently we're considered to be suspicious in southern Utah.