I had a little 'bout of infections this past week or so. It was somewhat frustrating - no it was real frustrating but I decided the best thing would be to go with the flow and try to relax. So, I sorted through stuff some more. Many things were finally tossed, but treasures of letters from my parents were reread. One thing that has become clear to me was that as I read letters from my father when he was closer to my present age...that little message about the seasons of our lives is so true. So this week, even though my father passed away in March, I felt him close, felt his love and felt him a part of the process of being reminded to be gentle with myself. I am so human and though my spirit wants to soar and do things in a far better way. I fall short. I am a spirit having a human experience. Sometimes things in this life "suck" a bit, but the good can still out weigh the bad. And when I have a moment when I feel overwhelmed, I am so very grateful for heavenly and earthly angels that I feel close by to help me take courage, count my blessings and move onward. I find when i don't feel well, it is far easier for me to fall into a "pity party". This week I realized that we all have those moments and what a blessing it is to have people in our lives to help us "fill our cup" again - do whatever it takes to replenish our souls. I'm grateful for doctor's offices that really will "work you in" and antibiotics that, though they cause havoc with our bodies, they really do kill the bad stuff. I'm grateful for a son that can give priesthood blessings and that feeling of waking up in the morning and realizing that nothing hurts. Ah, blessed health!
And contrary to the rumors Vanessa is trying to circulate, I have not been abducted by aliens and had infections injected into my body. It just seemed that way for a while!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're feeling better. I love your insights - they often help me keep things in perspective. :)
Post a Comment