Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Elephants

My family all knows that I have a thing for elephants. It started when I was quite young. We took many trips to Como Park Zoo. I have in my possession a little white stone elephant my father bought for me as a young girl. I remember one especially fun trip to St. Louis, MO where we visited the zoo. I have visited zoos and elephants wherever we have traveled. Even Brian has given me an elephant that sits on my bed. So today when I was reading about the baby elephant at Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City, a part of me got excited. I'm pretty sure I'm driving to Hogle Zoo this weekend to see Christie's baby girl. One of my favorite scenes from Dumbo:


4 comments:

Jeannie said...

Aaaww. We saw the baby elephants at the Wild Animal park in San Diego last spring and they were so cute. That is fun they have a baby at Hogle. I used to go there all the time when I was little with my grandparents. Well, maybe twice, but it seemed like all the time.

Mommy to Monkeys said...

I love elephants too! I cry like a baby everytime I watch Dumbo or hear that song.

rantipoler said...

Aw, I love Dumbo! That song his mom sings to him makes me cry. I hope you get to see the cute baby elephant very soon. :)

HatchMe said...

That scene always makes me tear up a little bit! I love that song! Thanks for sharing. You are all are Mom C :) and we love ya.