So, I admit it my heart melts when I get flowers from a man. And when that Man is my son...well - you know! So, I'm at work this week and Scott tells me he is going to stop by which, of course, is always a highlight in my busy days. (I love it when my kids come by.) When he walked in with these beautiful gerber daisies he made me smile. I love that kid! It isn't just the flowers, it is the kindness and love he shows me. It is the tenderness I see in him. It is the way in which he listens to the spirit and blesses my life and those around him. From the time he was young he showed this side of him. I remember saying to Clark, "I just hope the world doesn't gobble him up." (The world can be pretty cruel...well, especially when your the mom looking out!) Scott had a teacher, Marthanne Argyle, that said to us, "Scott is a gentleman and a gentle man." How true it is and how blessed we are - those that are touched by his life.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Flowers from my Son
So, I admit it my heart melts when I get flowers from a man. And when that Man is my son...well - you know! So, I'm at work this week and Scott tells me he is going to stop by which, of course, is always a highlight in my busy days. (I love it when my kids come by.) When he walked in with these beautiful gerber daisies he made me smile. I love that kid! It isn't just the flowers, it is the kindness and love he shows me. It is the tenderness I see in him. It is the way in which he listens to the spirit and blesses my life and those around him. From the time he was young he showed this side of him. I remember saying to Clark, "I just hope the world doesn't gobble him up." (The world can be pretty cruel...well, especially when your the mom looking out!) Scott had a teacher, Marthanne Argyle, that said to us, "Scott is a gentleman and a gentle man." How true it is and how blessed we are - those that are touched by his life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment