
Well, the Minnesota girl in me has come out! I love trees. There is something about being here that feels so comfortable and feeds my souland I know in part it is the terrain. Yesterday, I drove to Belle Plaine to see my older sister, Bonnie. Along the way I rejoiced in all the trees. As you can see, I even snapped a picture from the highway. Those of you closest to me know that I've had the hardest time growing trees in my yard. Clark and I finally got a little maple tree start from a friend a number of years ago. I prayed over that thing and it took off. It is in my front yard and home of my bird feeders. Well, I noticed this spring a little maple tree growing by my front door. A seed took root. I cannot bring myself to just pull it out. It's like when flowers grow in obscure places and you wonder how they can find enough dirt to grow between the cracks in the cement. So my latest challenge...or maybe the challenge for Scott and Brian since they are the ones that usually rescue me...is to see if we can transplant that little seedling that is growing. I know it is just more proof that the older I get...the weird comes streaming out of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment